Conference on Responsible use of
Data and AI at DNB Bank
With the Norwegian bank, DNB, as lead organizer and in collaboration with PWC, The Norwegian Data Organization DND, DAMA-International, BigInsight, and more than 200 engaged and active participants from diverse industry sectors, academia and public institutions – we organized a conference on responsible AI @DNB in Oslo on January 29.
A number of presentations focused on experience with and governance of AI pointing to issues such as:
- Lack of legitimacy when using AI can harm public trust and reinforce already existing polarization – Transparency in use of AI imperative.
- To ensure users’ trust, you need to work stepwise, and involve the business and domain expert in the interpretation and quality evaluation of ML results.
- AI Transparency has multiple definitions depending on stakeholders!
- Good AI explainability is difficult to verify.
- Need for engagement of society as a whole for responsible Ai to succeed!
- Human oversight!
- Trust – trust is multidimensional. Important that legitimacy is documented properly.
Insightful iHuman film and Q&A
The conference included focused workshops formed by diverse actors from industry, academia and public sector, uniting and combining different voices to promote thinking on how to govern AI.
You can find the notes of the conference here