With the Norwegian bank, DNB, as lead organizer and in collaboration with PWC, The Norwegian Data Organization DND, DAMA-International, BigInsight, and more than 200 engaged and active participants from diverse industry sectors, academia and public institutions – we organized a conference on responsible AI @DNB in Oslo on January 29.
A number of presentations focused on experience with and governance of AI pointing to issues such as:
- Lack of legitimacy when using AI can harm public trust and reinforce already existing polarization – Transparency in use of AI imperative.
- To ensure users’ trust, you need to work stepwise, and involve the business and domain expert in the interpretation and quality evaluation of ML results.
- AI Transparency has multiple definitions depending on stakeholders!
- Good AI explainability is difficult to verify.
- Need forengagement of society as a whole for responsible Ai to succeed!
- Human oversight!
- Trust – trust is multidimensional. Important that legitimacy is documented properly.
Insightful iHuman film and Q&A
The conference included focused workshops formed by diverse actors from industry, academia and public sector, uniting and combining different voices to promote thinking on how to govern AI.